Wednesday, November 12, 2014

In Less Than Two Weeks....

The closer I get to going, the more excited I get!  Even though it's still too early to pack I've been trying to get things together so that when it comes time to pack I won't forget anything or be running around like mad trying to get everything together.  I wrote a letter telling you more about my trip, and it should be on it's way to you in a day or two.  I've also been working on a special letter that I will try to get back to you as soon as I can after I get back.

And I've been looking for ways I can share my trip with you, both while it's happening and when I get back.  Check back here soon because I'll be telling you how you can keep up to date with what is going on!


3 Fun Facts About my Trip
1) I'll be flying into and out of Toncontin International Airport in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.  The runways are shorter than most international airports, and surrounded by mountains, which makes landing their quite difficult (and often impossible if it's been raining hard).  Here is a video someone took of it.

2)  There could be 50 degree temperature difference!  It's hard to say what the weather will be like in two weeks but right now it's 25 degrees Farenheight here in Oklahoma, but it's 72F in Honduras.  

3) It is just over 1600 miles between Tulsa, OK to Tegucigalpa.  Looking at my schedule, I will be travelling 450 miles in Honduras (and in reality I think it will definitely be more because that only accounts for the major trips to visit ministries, not for day trips to visit ministries in Tegucigalpa.  So....that's  1600 miles each way, and 451 miles in Honduras...and that means that I will be travelling 3850 miles in 8 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment