Wednesday, October 7, 2015

6 Days to Go!

A week from now I will be in Honduras!  Crazy!  Here is an update on how I am doing on my list of 30 things to do before leaving.

1) Drink a cherry limeade.
2) Go for a walk in a park.
3) Eat pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting
4) Watch TV
5) Spend with Alle and Keri.
6) Enjoy the amazing selection at Walmart.
7) Go to Hobby Lobby.
8) Eat at Sonic.
9) Take Pictures with Friends.
10) Have my traditional Christmas morning breakfast- Monkey Bread!
11) Do a craft with my mom.
12) Have coffee with Bev.
13) Girls night with Camille and Stevy.
14) Window Shop in Utica Square.
15) Eat at Arby's.
16) Buy a frozen Pizza.

17) Hold a kitten.
18) Eat at Chick-fil-A.
19) Walk on wall-to-wall carpeting.
20) Enjoy the goodness of Olive Garden.
21) Sleep in air conditioning.
22) Worship at my home church.
23) Make Swedish Meatballs with Lingonberry Jam.
Here is the recipe we use: Almost Famous Swedish Meatballs.  You can find Lingonberry jam at Ikea, World Market, and Sprouts or substitute current jelly (but I didn't like it nearly as well).

24) Enjoy Fall foliage
25) Take a bath
Bathtubs are not common in Honduras.  I will be taking showers unless I happen to stay somewhere that has a bathtub, but that is unlikely. While I usually prefer showers to baths, I do love a nice, hot bath to relax!
26) Eat a donut.
27) Drink root beer.
Root beer is occasionally found in Honduras, but not very often, and is sometimes put in the beer section.  I imagine there have been some confused costumers.
28) Eat biscuits and gravy.
29) Wear fall clothing.
30) Drink hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment