Here's a couple ways to make praying for missionaries more dynamic:
1) Get connected! Sign up for their newsletters. Check to see if they have a blog and/or Facebook page. When you meet a missionary that you feel called to partner with in prayer ask the missionary how you can keep connected with what is going on in their ministry. If you can get an email address for them that is great! Missionaries keep busy, but are overjoyed to receive notes from people saying something like "We're praying for you! Is there anything on your heart that we can pray about specifically right now?"
2) Volunteer to be a contact person between your church and one of their missionaries. Read their newsletters, post them on the bulletin board, and every once in a while ask for a few minutes in the service to highlight some of their prayer needs to the congregation and lead them in a prayer for them. Find others in your church who can "adopt" other missionaries your church supports so that the congregation can discover the work being done!
3) Join the Concert of Prayer. What's that? During April, May, and June WGM highlights certain ministries/ways of ministering. This week (April 6-12) Evangelism is highlighted. There are special blogs each week, and even a phone number you can call to listen to a recording that will help lead you in prayer. Go to: http://www.wgm.org/call to learn more!
Some of my current prayer needs:
1) Coming up I have some more churches that I will be speaking at, but I am looking for more! As I contact churches pray that God will open doors for me to speak!
2) I have been working with a ministry that teaches ESL classes, and this week we are going to have an Easter potluck and talk about the meaning of Easter. Pray that the hearts of the students would be open as they hear about what Christ did for us!
3) Allergies are making me feel very fatigued. Pray that these would ease up and/or I would find an effective way to deal with them.