1) Christopher Columbus discovered Honduras. In fact, he gave it it's name. When he arrived in Honduras, he said "Thank God we found these great depths!" Honduras means "great depths"
2) Not all Honduras speak Spanish as their first language, or even speak Spanish at all. On the islands and on the Atlantic coast Garifuna is spoken widely. In La Moskitia, it's Miskito. There are other languages of smaller indigenous groups as well. The speakers of these languages do not always speak Spanish.
3) If you are buying fruit such as bananas or pineapple, it may very well have grown in Honduras.
4) Honduras is second only to Austrailia in number of coral reefs. The reefs make it a great destination for snorkeling and scuba diving.
5) The Mayan ruins in Honduras are not particularly large, but they are particularly artistic and most of what is known about Mayan hieroglyphics comes from Copan. The ruins of Copan date back over 1000 years ago.